VanMar is seeking High-rise (concrete) and Mid-rise Wood Frame Assistant Superintendents to lead the successful execution of projects which will begin in early 2016. Project details to be provided during an interview.
While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to a Senior Superintendent and
expected to perform duties with a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker, but also be comfortable rolling your sleeves up to get things done at an executional level. You are well versed in all disciplines of general construction.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- 5 – 15 years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of multi-residential, midrise wood frame and high rise residential projects
- A carpenters ticket or trade based certification is an asset
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 2 year diploma in architectural/construction technology (CET) or a professional designation or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion (wood framing, high rise concrete, structural steel, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental & H&S Legislation
- Knowledge of construction tradespeople capabilities and equipment usage
- Proficiency in construction site ‘best practices’
- Proficiency in developing and enforcing project schedules and the efficient sequencing of work to achieve the shortest possible construction duration
- Technical knowledge of sitework, building structures, building envelopes and building interior finishes
- A detailed and practical approach to Quality Management and Quality Control
- A thorough knowledge of safety legislation and regulations and an ability to enforce safety on site
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
Compensation:Submit your resume by email