BIM Coordinator – Cambridge, ON
We are looking to add a BIM Coordinator to our dynamic team of professionals. As a growing company, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. This position will be held at project in the Cambridge area.
Reporting to the BIM/VDC Manager, the Digital Construction Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and review design documents and shop drawings with the aid of BIM. This position requires some travel to attend off-site meetings as required.
- Coordinate design drawings.
- Review shop drawings for interferences with other contractor drawings or design drawings.
- Anticipate critical constructability issues and formulate contingencies with Site Management Team.
- Cultivate positive and effective relationships and communication with Client, Site Management Team, Consultants and Subcontractors.
- Bring attention to design drawing or shop drawing issues, conflicts, and interferences through RFIs and other document illustrations.
- Prepare various support graphics for reports and meetings.
- Develop 3D views and illustrations as requested by Client, Project Management or Site Team.
- Create sequencing drawings for coordination of critical areas, to be reviewed by the Manager.
- Support the project team during preconstruction and construction phase.
- Provide modeled based Quantity Takeoffs upon request.
- Support subcontractors with design drawing clarification in the form of 3D views, dimension assistance or providing clarity to RFIs on their behalf.
- Attend site meetings to resolve design conflicts.
- Facilitate the use of 3D Models and 3D Laser Scans as directed by the Manager
- Participate in research and development initiatives, including new technology implementations.
- Any other duties, as assigned by BIM/VDC Manager.
- An industry recognized degree or equivalent to a 3-year diploma in Architect/Structural Engineering or Architectural Technologist, a Professional Designation, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Proficient in BIM Modeling, Autocad and Revit.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience within the industry.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email