Preconstruction Coordinator – Cambridge, ON
We are growing and looking to add a Preconstruction Coordinator to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Preconstruction Manager, and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Preconstruction Department processes. The Preconstruction coordinator applies organizational skills through the preconstruction project delivery process to assist the Preconstruction Manager in producing high-quality sets of project documents for use by the Construction team.
Assists in establishing and monitoring preconstruction procedures for each project in preconstruction including the Project Delivery Roadmap, Project Delivery Tracking Sheet, and Project Filing Protocol.
- Organizes all project documentation (i.e. drawings, specifications, reports, etc.) through Procore and internal server document management.
- Schedules, coordinates with Preconstruction Manager, and attends all design coordination and preconstruction meetings with relevant parties. Takes and distributes meeting minutes and subsequently follows up on all task-oriented items from same.
- Prepares draft meeting agenda for the Preconstruction Manager’s review, referring to draft meeting agendas.
- Maintains all project contact lists in Outlook and Procore.
- Facilitates drawing reviews at each design stage and on an ongoing basis by setting up Design Review Checklists and Bluebeam Studio Sessions to enable the drawing reviewers to provide direction to the design team regarding constructability as well as quality, economics, and coordination of design.
- Assists in tracking issues that arise out of each design review, including comments and coordination issues between design disciplines. Assists in escalating errors and omissions appropriately for resolution.
- Drafts project reports for the Preconstruction Manager’s review.
- Assists in the comprehensive review of all project reports (architectural specifications, hardware schedules, window and door schedules, room finish schedules), technical shop drawings, slab edge drawings, building envelopes, design drawings, etc.
- Provides support to the Preconstruction Manager in obtaining productivity data to produce construction schedules, legal surveys, topographical surveys, soils reports, code reports, etc.
- Obtains traffic plans as required.
- Gathers information to assist in planning the nature and extent of all necessary construction facilities locations of tower crane and crane swing, location of manhoist, etc.
- Advises the Preconstruction Manager of any lane closures, sidewalk rentals, hoarding permits, etc. and other agreements that may be required with the City.
- Maintains consultant database and ratings.
- Obtains professional photos of completed projects for use on the website, marketing, and social media.
Estimating Department Collaboration
- Organizes and renames drawings for use in Bid Packages.
- Coordinates upgrade pricing and presents in the appropriate format to the Owner’s team for use in selling upgrades to end users.
BIM Department Collaboration
- Drafts the BIM Execution Plan for each project.
- Gathers information to assist the BIM/VDC Manager in the creation of construction management plans, traffic plans, and site logistics.
- Assists in Revit reviews where necessary throughout the design process.
- Assists in shop drawing review and clash detection.
- Assists the BIM/VDC Manager in the set-up of CAD files for the site to import Total Station for layout purposes.
- An industry recognized degree or equivalent to a 3-year diploma in Architect/Structural Engineering, Architectural Technology, or Construction Management.
- 2+ years of experience in mid rise and high rise construction is preferred.
- 2+ years of design experience in mid rise and high rise construction is preferred.
- Design knowledge in architectural, structural, building envelope, and other design disciplines.
- Good understanding of mid rise and high rise residential design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email