Junior Project Manager
VanMar is seeking Junior High-rise/Midrise Project Manager to lead the successful execution of projects which will begin in early 2017. Project details to be provided during an interview.
While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the President and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker, but also be comfortable rolling your sleeves up to get things done at an executional level. You are well versed in all disciplines of general construction.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- 7 – 15 years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of multi-residential high rise and wood frame midrise projects
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 2-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion
- A high level of technical understanding and experience as it relates to high rise and midrise wood frame construction
- Solid experience in project planning, estimating, scheduling, cost controls, project administration and contract management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills within a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, Project and Timberline
- Field experience is an asset
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
Compensation:Submit your resume by email