Senior Project Manager – High-Rise, Cambridge ON
VanMar is seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead the success of a project which will begin early 2020. (Project details to be provided during an interview).
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact! As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves and you are well versed in all disciplines of general construction. While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the Construction Manager and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the project including costs, scheduling, quality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates the daily management of the project(s).
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives, and controlling activities throughout the construction phase of the project(s) with the involvement of the Superintendent and other project team members.
- Administration and management of the prime contract and subcontracts inclusive of negotiation and awarding of subcontracts for scopes of work.
- Review and evaluate subcontractor performance.
- Manage project budget, as well as, review and timely approval of monthly progress billings.
- Review and analysis of costs and identify revenue opportunities.
- Monthly reporting on financial and overall performance of project to Senior Management.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, consultants, architects, and subcontractors.
- Supervision and development of project team members through mentoring, regular feedback, and timely completion of performance evaluations.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- 10+ years of experience in the general construction industry.
- 15+ years of experience as a Project Manager in project execution of high/midrise residential projects.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 3-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
Skills & Competency:
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion.
- A high level of technical understanding and experience as it relates to Canadian Construction Industry including planning, estimating, scheduling, cost controls, and contract management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills within a team environment are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Project and Timberline is required.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency interacting directly with customers, third party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizations skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- Effective communicator both written and oral.
Compensation: VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all of its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.vanmarconstructors.com .
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation:Submit your resume by email