Senior Project Manager Low-Rise and Mid-Rise Construction
VanMar Constructors ON Inc is seeking Senior Wood Frame Low rise/Mid rise Project Manager to lead the successful execution of projects which will begin in early 2018. Project details to be provided during an interview.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact working in a well-established, entrepreneurial, highly respected design-build General Contractor & Developer specializing in multi-residential, highrise and midrise projects, where knowledge and experience are very well compensated for. VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the President and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker, but also be comfortable rolling your sleeves up to get things done at an executional level. You are well versed in all disciplines of general construction.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 – 15 years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of wood frame residential low rise and multi-residential midrise projects.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 2-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion
- A high level of technical understanding and experience as it relates to wood frame construction.
- Solid experience in project planning, estimating, scheduling, cost controls, project administration and contract management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills within a team environment are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Project is required.
- Field experience is an asset
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
Compensation:Submit your resume by email