Location: Chilliwack, BC
Budget: $5,500,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: City of Chilliwack, BCBC
- Contractor: Van Maren Construction
- Architect: Killick Metz Bowen Rose Architects Planners Inc.
Contact: Eric Dyck (Owners Representative) City of Chilliwack 8550 Young Road, Chilliwack, BC, V2P 8A4 Phone: 604-793-2739 | Fax: 604-793-2715
Description of Project:
- Van Maren was selected as the preferred proponent out of 3 submissions to the City of Chilliwack & BCBC
- 38,000 SF spread out over 2 levels
- Structural steel & concrete tilt up
- Landmark Civic Building, built to accommodate future expansion.
- Courthouse Building, Civic Plaza, Clock Tower
- Five Courtrooms (2 Supreme, 3 Provincial) includes 1 jury courtroom, one settlement conference room and initial appearances room.
- Law library with after hours access for the legal profession.
- 10 secure holding cells, sheriff’s electronic control centre, and secure sallyport area.
- Security and access: three separate and secure circulation systems for the judiciary, the public and the accused.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Eric Van Maren, Secretary (Van Maren Construction)
- Tom Bowen, Principal (Killick Metz Bowen Rose Architects Planners Inc.)
- Witmar Abele (KMBR Architects Planners Inc.)