Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Start: Winter 2013
Completion: Fall 2015
Budget: $46,000,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: Housing York
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: Thier Curran Architects
Contact: Sylvia Patterson (General Manager) Housing York 17250 Yonge Street, 3rd Floor, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 6Z1 Phone: 905-830-4444
- VanMar is the design-builder for the project.
- VanMar was responsible for site selection, land purchase and development process.
- Project to be delivered using modified-turn key methodology.
- 1 level of underground parking.
- 9 floors of 202 units of affordable housing.
- 1 floor of mixed use, non-profit office space, youth centre, crisis centre.
- Masonry block structural walls and hollow concrete floors.
- Flat roofing.
- Combination of brick, stone, curtain wall exterior.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Warren Verhoef (VanMar)
- Sylvia Patterson, General Manager (Housing York)
- Gabe Tropea (Housing York)
- Bill Curran (Their + Curran Architects Inc.)