Location: Coquitlam, BC
Budget: $5,963,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Contractor: Van Maren Construction
- Principal Designer: CEI Architects
Contact: Bruce Cheadle (Project Consultant) Brewster Engineering & Management Ltd. 4520 West Saanich Road, Victoria, BC, V8Z 3G4 Phone: 250-920-3888 | Fax: 250-380-7425
- Van Maren was selected as the preferred design-build proponent out of three submissions to ICBC.
- 7 acre site including a fully secure vehicle holding area for damaged vehicle storage.
- 30,000SF warehouse space implementing a vehicle inspection area and public drive-in claim service.
- 20,000SF attached office space over two levels.
- Extensive quality management plan implemented.
- Methane abatement/ventilation system throughout building and site (built over old dump site).
- Fully integrated building systems to suit specific client requirements.
- Security conscious design throughout building and vehicle holding area.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Mary Gwilt, Facilities Project Manager (ICBC)
- Bruce Cheadle, Project Consultant (Brewster Engineering & Management Ltd.)
- Richard Bolus, Principal (CEI Architects)
- Albert Leung, Project Architect (CEI Architects)