Location: 31 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC
Start: January 6, 2011
Completion: June 1, 2013
Budget: $8,100,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: Vancouver Native Housing Society and the Provincial Housing Corporation
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: Joe Y. Wai Architect Inc.
Contact: Mike Egan Independent Inspector 2280 East 3rd Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5N 1J1 Email: email@example.com
- Van Mar Constructors Inc. was selected as Construction Manager-at-Risk on a competitive proposal call
- 7 Storey Cast in Place Concrete Structure with 24 Healing Suites and 13 Supportive Living Suites
- Glass Panelled Sidewalk showcasing Digital Aboriginal Artwork
- Aboriginal Fair Trade Gallery
- Commercial Kitchen and Aboriginal Workshop.
- Extensive Hazmat Removal and Complex Demolition
- Retention and Restoration of an Existing 3 Storey Heritage Façade
- LEED Gold Targeted
- Jeff Marin (VanMar)
- Joe Wai (Joe Y. Wai Architect Inc.)
- Quin Wai (Joe Y. Wai Architect Inc.)
- Naomi Brunemeyer (BC Housing)
- Sarah Clark (BC Housing)
- Shamir Bhatia (Terra Housing Consultants)