Location: Vancouver, BC
Start: April 15, 2010
Completion: August 18, 2011
Budget: $6,190,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: UBC Properties Trust
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: McFarland Marceau Architects Ltd.
Contact: David English UBC Properties Trust 555 Great Norther Ways, Suite 101, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1E2 Phone: 604-731-3103 | Fax: 604-731-2130
- VanMar Constructors Inc. was selected as the construction manager through competitive process.
- 3 storey cast in place concrete structure with mezzanine.
- Classrooms, competition space, design studio and facility offices totalling 20,322 sq.ft.
- 2 storey glass atrium with Glu-lam beams and columns and a cedar sunscreen.
- Project is a LEED equivalent to UBC Campus requirements.
- Metal classing and architectural concrete exterior finishes.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Mike Denbok (VanMar)
- Robert Horvath (VanMar)
- Mark Chevalier (McFarland Marceau Architects Ltd.)
- David English (UBC Properties Trust)