Accounts Payable/ Administrative Assistant (BC Office)
VanMar Constructors Inc. seeks an experienced Accounts Payable / Administrative Assistant to join their team in Abbotsford, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely processing of construction trade payables, provide organizational and administrative support to the office as well as providing assistance with additional projects as they arise.
The role and responsibilities:
- Matching, coding and processing of vendor invoices.
- Submitting invoices to PM and Superintendents for approval.
- Requesting invoice corrections as needed and resolution of billing discrepancies.
- Review AP Aging Reports on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements with company payable records.
- Manage vendor contacts.
- Preparation of monthly cheque runs.
- Filing of A/P related documents and archiving of historical accounting information.
- Preparation and submission of credit applications and business licence applications
- Provide coverage to Commitment Payables Administrator.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies and stationary.
- Prepare travel accommodations for Executive and Project Staff (flights, hotel, car rentals, etc.)
- Assist with preparing proposals.
- Perform bank runs.
- Company Website & Social Media update maintenance.
- Pick up daily mail, arrange for couriers, and site mail.
- Staff recognition and coordination of staff events.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- Minimum of 2 years experience processing a high volume of AP transactions.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative or office management experience.
- Solid foundation in double entry bookkeeping.
- Strong computer skills, including working experience with Timberline/Sage 300 Construction Software, intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Suite with a focus on Excel. Experience with Adobe InDesign Software as well as Crystal Reports would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to process data quickly and with accuracy.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Works well in a team environment
- Self- motivated, who strives to perform outside of their job description.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Extended health and dental benefits.
- Three weeks’ vacation.
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our Company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. If you are interested in this accounts payable / administrative assistant position please submit your resume for consideration.
Compensation:Submit your resume by email