Executive Assistant to the President
The position of Executive Assistant is newly created, and the successful candidate will join our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the President with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and ensure administrative processes and procedures are performed in accordance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Handling complex administrative assignments of a diverse nature.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, including setup of conference calls/video equipment.
- Issue invitations, coordinate agenda, facilitate communication, and prepare materials.
- Attends meetings to take minutes as required.
- Communicating on the behalf of the President as directed.
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling as appropriate.
- Email management on behalf of the President.
- Create and track high quality proposals to ensure that they are accurate and sent out on time.
- Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations to be delivered at various levels of the organization.
- Update and maintain contact lists on various platforms.
- Facilitate the collection and organization of promotional materials including project profiles, project photos, reference letters, etc.
- Assist in drafting prime contract agreements and following up on execution under the direction of the President.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries.
- Principal point of contact for obtaining Presidential signatures.
- Collecting, distributing, and disseminating information as it relates to Administrative Reference Manuals under the direction of the President.
- Collecting monthly departmental reports on the behalf of the President.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Electronic and paper filing.
- Running errands as required.
- Ad-hoc project as required.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience in the construction industry considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Friendly and professional demeanor and embrace a collaborative culture.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet objectives and multi-task under tight timeframes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including the senior leadership team and external partners.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of general office processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Ability to travel as needed.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email