VanMar Constructors ON Inc is seeking a Junior Estimator to assist in meeting work demands and accomplishing growth goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact working in a well-established, entrepreneurial, highly respected midsized General Contractor and Developer specializing in multi-residential, high-rise, midrise and low-rise projects, located in Cambridge, Ontario. While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the President and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
Pre-Construction: ability to successfully carry out conceptual estimates, as well as participate in and coordinate the design process
Create elemental budgets and detailed estimates according to CIQS and MasterFormat standards
Tendering: everything from preparing packages to negotiating prices. Use Procore tendering website to distribute tender packages
Analyze quotes and identify inaccuracies and oversights to ensure accurate bid comparisons and recommend tender awards
Prepare and evaluate project-specific elemental cost breakdowns
Estimating: thorough understanding and know-how in general construction estimating
Software: Efficient use and understanding of current applications such as Sage Timberline Estimating and On Screen Takeoff
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A general technical degree or diploma or equivalent. A QS designation and or a CET certification is an asset.
- 0 – 5 years of experience in the general construction industry and experience in estimating multi-residential, high rise, midrise and lowrise projects.
Skills and Competency Requirements
- You are versed in all disciplines of estimating in the general contracting industry.
- Knowledge of Cost Estimating principles
- Knowledge of construction methods, contingency planning; value added techniques
- Knowledge of engineering disciplines, construction tradespeople capabilities and equipment usage
- Proficiency with estimating software
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, and suppliers
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
Compensation:Submit your resume by email