Mid-rise Construction Site Superintendent (Wood frame), Brampton ON
VanMar is seeking a midrise wood frame Superintendent to lead the success of a project in the Brampton area.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact! As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker yet comfortable rolling up your sleeves and you are well versed in all disciplines of general construction. While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to the General Superintendent and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Coordinates site construction activities and manages on-site personnel.
- Works closely with Project Manager(s), consultants, trades, inspectors, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensures construction projects operate in accordance with contract documents and construction site 'best practices'.
- Provides overall on-site management of daily on-site activities such as coordination of on-site crews, equipment, material, and sub-trades.
- Create and maintain project scheduling with sub-trades and vendors.
- Ensures workmanship of sub-trades meet company quality standards.
- Identifies any additional work and obtains extra work authorizations as necessary.
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative information on construction project performance to identify any issues that may need to be addressed.
- Maintains daily superintendent's log.
- Participates in site and company meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with VanMar's Health & Safety Program.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- Carpenters ticket or trade based certification is considered an asset.
- 12+ years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of midrise wood frame and non-combustible projects and high-rise residential projects.
- 10+ years of experience as a construction Superintendent.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 3-year diploma in construction technology, a professional designation or an equivalent in combination of education/experience.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
Skills & Competency:
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion.
- Knowledge of Environmental & H&S Legislation and the ability to enforce safety on-site.
- Knowledge of construction tradespeople capabilities and equipment usage.
- Proficiency in construction site ‘best practices’.
- Proficiency in developing and enforcing project schedules and the efficient sequencing of work to achieve the shortest possible construction duration.
- Technical knowledge of site work, building structures, building envelopes, and interior finishes.
- A detailed and practical approach to Quality Management and Quality Control.
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, third party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
Compensation: VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all of its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia. To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.vanmarconstructors.com .
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation:Submit your resume by email