VanMar is seeking a diligent, confident and dependable Health & Safety Coordinator to join our Cambridge office and contribute to our success.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring all safety legislation is adopted, enforcing policies and procedures as well as planning, training, monitoring, and reviewing the protective and preventative measures required by the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Construction Safety Regulations and WSIB. You will also work closely with Superintendents to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- 3+ years of general construction experience
- 5+ years of Health and Safety work experience in the construction industry
- Completion of a degree/diploma of an accredited Certificate program in Occupational Health and Safety
- Current First Aid certificate
- Complete proficiency with computers, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other common applications
- Human relations training (i.e. Conflict Resolution, etc.)
- Additional training including Fall Protection, Rescue/Confined spaces, Construction Management, Bobcat/mobile equipment operation, would be an asset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of staff, skill sets and personalities
- Confident ability to diffuse challenging situations
- Self-motivation, taking initiative to make improvements while striving to perform outside of job description
Compensation:Submit your resume by email