Senior Project Coordinator – Cambridge, ON
We are looking to add a Senior Project Coordinator to our dynamic team of professionals. As a growing company, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. This position will be held at the Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting duties for various projects and will work closely with the Project Manager and Site Superintendent.
- Liaise with Project Manager(s), consultants, trades, inspectors, regulatory agencies, and Site Superintendent(s).
- Assist in the planning and coordination of site activities including meetings and taking/distributing meeting minutes as required.
- Supports the site with day-to-day operations and problem solving, as necessary.
- Review technical drawings and track in accordance with the procurement log.
- Assist in the tendering process, as required, by ensuring the trade/supplier has all required
information for a complete quote.
- Assist Project Manager in assembling contract components.
- Maintain good subcontractor and project owner relationships.
- Review subcontract and prime contract change orders for legitimacy and fairness.
- Efficiently tracks the prime contract schedule and identifies legitimate schedule delays.
- Creating, circulating, logging, and maintaining construction documents such as change
orders, RFI, and project files, etc.
- Manage a detailed occupancy procurement log to identify all requirements for occupancy.
- Assist in all project closeout documentation such as, as-builts, maintenance manuals, etc. in
a timely fashion.
- An industry recognized degree equivalent to a 3-year diploma in Construction Engineering Technology or Architectural Engineering Technology, several years experience as a Project Coordinator, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years experience in general construction industry.
- Previous Project Coordinator experience for a GC or Construction Manager is preferred.
- Previous experience in high rise and mid rise residential construction.
- CET or professional designation preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office & Project, Timberline, Bluebeam, and Procore
- Field experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Ability to read, review, and understand drawings/specifications.
- Knowledge of trade sequencing, construction methodology, and task durations.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- Ability to travel to site/project meetings as required.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email