Senior Project Coordinator – Cambridge, ON
VanMar seeks a Senior Project Coordinator to join its team at the Cambridge, Ontario office.
As a growing company, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting duties for various projects and works closely with the Project Manager and Site Superintendent.
- Works closely with Project Manager(s), consultants, trades, inspectors and regulatory agencies.
- Support the tendering and estimating process.
- Evaluating quotations.
- Preparation of drawing production and distribution.
- Read and understand shop drawings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating site activities including meetings and taking minutes as required.
- Creating, circulating, logging, and maintaining construction documents such as Change Orders, RFI, etc. and project files.
- Liaison with Project Manager(s), Site Superintendent(s), and support staff.
- CET or AscT designation or Engineering background.
- 7+ years experience in the general construction industry.
- 5+ years experience working as a Project Coordinator for a GC or Construction Manager is preferred.
- Previous experience in high-rise and mid-rise residential construction.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office & Project, Timberline, Construction Management Software, Primavera, etc.
- Field experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
Compensation: VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience in the industry.
VanMar recognizes and values the contributions of all its employees to building projects of the highest quality. As a result our Company has become a trusted and reputable builder throughout Ontario and British Columbia.
Compensation:Submit your resume by email