VanMar is seeking Highrise (concrete) and Midrise Wood Frame Superintendents to lead the successful execution of projects which will begin in early 2017. Project details to be provided during an interview.
While working on a dynamic team of construction experts, you will be reporting to a Project Manager and expected to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative, following high level guidance and intent.
As the successful candidate, you will be a strategic thinker, but also be comfortable rolling your sleeves up to get things done at an executional level. You are well versed in all disciplines of general construction.
Responsibilities:Submit your resume by email
- 15 – 25 years of experience in the general construction industry and extensive experience in project execution of multi-residential, midrise wood frame and noncombustible projects and high rise residential projects
- A carpenters ticket or trade based certification is an asset
- Knowledge of construction methods from project start up through to project completion (wood framing, high rise concrete, structural steel, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental & H&S Legislation
- Knowledge of construction tradespeople capabilities and equipment usage
- Proficiency in construction site ‘best practices’
- Proficiency in developing and enforcing project schedules and the efficient sequencing of work to achieve the shortest possible construction duration
- Technical knowledge of sitework, building structures, building envelopes and building interior finishes
- A detailed and practical approach to Quality Management and Quality Control
- A thorough knowledge of safety legislation and regulations and an ability to enforce safety on site
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in interacting directly with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, trades, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
Compensation:Submit your resume by email