Skilled General Labourer – Construction
We are seeking experienced and dependable Skilled General Labourers to join our team. Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the General Labourer is responsible for assisting the site team by performing tasks involving physical labour at construction sites to ensure construction details and deadlines are met.
- Provide support to the Site Superintendent and site management team through various hands-on construction and site tasks.
- General site cleanup including but not limited to debris, trash, and snow.
- Lifting and moving construction materials/tools to and from work areas.
- Inventory tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Perform safety and inventory check of all power tools and light equipment.
- Clean hand tools and other equipment as required.
- Perform duties as directed by the Site Superintendent.
- Work cooperatively with other VanMar team members and trades.
- Compliance with VanMar policies, Health & Safety Program, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- This position may require the General Labourer to work scheduled overtime and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous working experience on a construction site is preferred.
- Previous Bobcat operating experience.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- A valid Working at Heights training certificate.
- WHMIS and Safety Awareness training certificates.
- Basic construction knowledge.
- Committed dedication to safety.
- Strong focus on attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to make decisions based on sound judgement and reasoning.
- Ability to work both independently and under the direct supervision in a busy environment.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Extended health & dental benefits (with full-time employment).
- Bonus program.
- Branded company clothing/gear.
- Two weeks’ vacation.
VanMar Constructors is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the contributions of all its employees to building projects of the highest quality. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Submit your resume by email