Location: Surrey, BC
Start: December 16, 2013
Completion: January 22, 2015
Budget: $8,560,000Principles Involved:
- Owner: The Phoenix Society
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: DYS Architecture
- Funding Partners: BC Housing/City of Surrey/Vancity/HPS Funding
Contact: Michael Wilson (Executive Director) The Phoenix Society 13689 - 94A Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3V 1N1 Phone: 604-587-6690 | Fax: 604-581-3539 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 37,000 sq.ft., 6 storey wood frame, with separate 2,800 sq.ft. social innovation centre.
- Mechanical system is designed to tie into the City of Surrey district energy system in the future.
- 71 total beds.
- Level 1 & 2: 25 bed supportive housing component in partnership with Correctional Services of Canada (CSC) for individual re-integrating back into the community. Each room provides sleeping accommodation for a single resident, with common kitchen, bathroom and amenity areas.
- Level 3 & 4: 23 transitional housing units. Supportive affordable housing for individuals coming from Phoenix Society’s addictions recovery program beds, and other supporting housing beds in Surrey.
- Level 5 & 6: 23 shared equity home ownership units. These are to fill a gap in the continuum of housing options for people unable to access traditional home ownership.
- Social Innovation Centre (Gallery, cafe, studio, office space) in a stand-alone building where small entrepreneurial ventures and start-ups can access workspaces, technical resources and peer support.
- Jeff Marin (VanMar)
- Cody Voorhorst (VanMar)
- Mark Meerstra (VanMar)
- John Spadafora (VanMar)
- Michael Wilson, Executive Director (The Phoenix Society)
- John Davidson, Architect (DYS Architecture)
- Glenn Gardner, Architect (DYS Architecture)