Location: Surrey, BC
Completion: April 26, 2004Principles Involved:
- Building Owners: Wastech Services and Metro Vancouver
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors
- Principal Designer: CEI Architecture and SCS Engineers
Contact: Jonathan Huggett (Infrastructure Consultant) JR Huggett Co. Ltd. 17283 20th Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3S 9N5 Phone: 604-531-0441 | Fax: 604-648-9121
- VanMar Constructors was selected as the preferred design-build proponent out of three submissions to Wastech Services Ltd.
- 2.3 Hectare Site with complicated geotechnical conditions.
- 60,000SF Garbage Transfer Building designed to accommodate year 2021 waste requirements
- Durable accessory buildings to compliment the main transfer building.
- State of the art garbage and recycling facility
- Fully integrated user billing systems to suit specific client requirements.
- In the process of obtaining LEED Certification. (First facility of this kind to achieve LEED certification)
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Jeff Marin (VanMar)
- Russ Black, Manager (Wastech Services Ltd.)
- Ralph Randt, Waste Management Engineer (GVRD)
- Richard Bolus, Principal (CEI Architects)
- Erik Colville, Principal Designer (SCS Engineers)